Isomorphic ES6 and React Apps with Double Boiler
Double Boiler includes most of what you need to get a basic web application running within minutes. Here’s a sample of what’s included:
- LESS to compile down to CSS with less boilerplate.
- React to write your views for both client and server.
- The Express web framework to create server-side web apps and APIs.
- Grunt to build, run, and test your code as well as running other miscellaneous tasks.
- Watchers to automatically compile, test, and re-run your code as files change for a faster feedback loop and development workflow.
Double Boiler is currently available on GitHub. It’s currently in very early stages but it’s working well for me and I’d love to get other people’s feedback on it. This is my first open source project so all criticism is welcome, but pull requests would be even better of course.
In future posts I’ll go into more detail on the inner workings of Double Boiler and explain my reasons behind my decisions. Thanks for reading!